Sunday, October 15, 2006

LIBERTATEM,AMICITIAM,FIDEM RETINEBIS

This is part of the epitaph that John Quincy Adams composed for his parents. I have taken the liberty of inserting 'thy God' without which this would not be a noble cause.



FROM LIVES THUS SPENT THY EARTHLY DUTIES LEARN;
FROM FANCIES DREAMS TO ACTIVE DUTY TURN;
LET FREEDOM, FRIENDSHIP, FAITH THY SOUL ENGAGE;
AND SERVE, LIKE THEM, THY GOD, THY COUNTRY AND THY AGE.



The purpose of this blog is to look more closely at men who have set an example for us to follow by having exemplified godly principles. We are told to first look to our Saviour as our example then to godly men.
Solo Christo

6 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Blogger John Moore said...

Good looking blog, Mike. I think with a little bit of planning and help from some other qualified individuals (not me, by any means) you could turn this concept into an official web magazine, or even print magazine.


The concept of looking towards elders and Godly men of all centuries, with interviews from men of our century.

I'm fired up about your concept, mate. Keep it up!

~ In Christ, John.

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Mike said...

Thanks John!

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Dr. Paleo Ph.D. said...

I like it. :-D

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Dr. Paleo Ph.D. said...

Hello there!

I would like to take a quick moment to tell you about something that is very close to my heart. I was hoping that it might be possible for you to help me. Please read this recent post of mine:

http://drpaleophd.blogspot.com/2009/02/its-finally-go-time.html#links

If you care about America and our freedom, you will be very concerned.

Spencer

P.S. And if you find that you agree with the concerns I expressed in my blog post, please blog this yourself, and let's spread the word!

 
At 12:58 AM, Blogger Cori Alge said...

Cool Reb, for surety sure.

 
At 12:58 AM, Blogger Cori Alge said...

Cool Reb, for surety sure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home